DescriptionThe Association of Schools of Italian as a Second Language is well-represented in the various regions of Italy thanks to its many member schools. The association has for goals to guarantee the quality of instruction and professional level of services offered to students.
Benefit to ClientIn order to be considered a member organization, each school must meet the following qualifications:
1. facilities (buildings need to respect italian laws in terms of security, insurance, hygiene, rental contract)
2. housing (housing procedures, system of control, prices)
3. teaching method (qualification of teachers and head of studies, teaching materials, levels, placement test, progress checking)
4. financial strength (an official letter from the school's bank is requested)
5. lawfulness (company has to be listed in the Trade Chamber as a language school, with basic financial strenght and VAT number and clear).
6. control that all people working in the school have a regoular contract 7.control that publicity materials (web, catalogue etc) are clear and have all info needed by clients (no hidden prices, no strange extras, clear general conditions expecially about reimbursement, cancellation policy etc).
Complaint ProcedureASILS offers a complaint procedure. Students can first try to discuss their complaints directly with the school. If they cannot find a solution, ASILS will contact the head of the school to find out if the complaint is reasonable and how to proceed in each specific case.
Members of ASILS (Associazone della Scuole di Italiano come Lingua Seconda)