Children's Multicultural Learning Center
Everyday the world is becoming more and more diverse. Finding a single country with one race or religion has become practically nonexistent . In the United States, there are Native-Americans, African-Americans, Asian-Americans, Latin-Americans, and many others. It can be hard for some people to understand the customs and beliefs of another culture. As the world move closer towards a true multicultural identity, it’s important to educate children about respecting and appreciating other cultures. Teaching kids about other cultures may not be the easiest thing in the world, but here are some resources to help guide children to a more realized multicultural understanding.
- Multicultural Videos: A site that lists some multicultural videos for children.
- Make A Multicultural Book: Fun activity that involves hand-making a book.
- Multicultural Games: A listing of several multicultural games.
- School Multicultural Activities: Describes different pre-school aged activities.
- Multicultural African Civilities: Activities that focus on the African culture.
- Lessons with a Multicultural Focus: A listing of multicultural lesson plans.
- Lesson Plan Listing: A lot of different listings for multicultural lessons.