IELTS/TOEFL

Questions about English, recommended learning material and techniques

Moderator: LCNadmin

IELTS/TOEFL

Postby Yong Ja » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:56 am

Hello,
Anyone knows the difference? Which will should I do?
Thank you for your answers.
Yong Ja

Re: IELTS/TOEFL

Postby LCNadmin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:04 am

The IELTS test is administrated by the British Councils, the University of Cambridge, and IELTS Australia.
That is to say, it is associated with the British government and traditionally was used by British universities, as well as New Zealand and Australian universities to determine the language capability of foreign students.
TOEFL is administered by ETS, a US-based non-profit and is used widely by American and Canadian universities. However, these days, in order to make it easy on international students, universities all over the world take both TOEFL and IELTS.
While you should check with the specific university you want to apply to, in general any school in the US, the UK, Australia or New Zealand will take either test score. So that's one worry off your mind. Pick the test you think will be easier for you to complete. To do that, you probably need to know the structure of each exam.

Check the following links : http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/about/content/
http://www.britishcouncil.org/morocco-exams-ielts-description.htm
LCNadmin
Site Admin

Postby carolgreen876 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:27 am

yeah , toefl is hard , just practice more
carolgreen876

Postby mahdeen » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:36 am

Excellent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just extremely great. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful website. best wishes
mahdeen

Return to Learning English