Only 407 words of 500

Did you have any doubts about using the vocabulary trainer?

Moderator: LCNadmin

Only 407 words of 500

Postby ingwa » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:52 pm

I have been using the vocabulary trainer for a few months now, learning thai. I must say that it's been a wonderful experience, and the software works very well. (I am Swedish and some words seem to be translated from the English translation instead of directly, thereby missing some better translations, but that's another story.)

I started with the A1 vocabulary of the 500 most common words. Yesterday I had gone through all the words, and it says that I have to wait some time until it's time to do some more repetitions for some words. Fair enough.

However, if I sum up the number of flash cards in the 5 heaps I get 6+93+161+147+0 = 407 words. So that means that either 93 words are not counted or I have not learned them yet. But in the latter case they should be shown to me, right?

So what's going on here? I don't want to miss out on 93 of the most common 500 words when I'm going to Thailand in the next month. :) My email is inge@lysator.liu.se if you want to check the database.
ingwa

Re: Only 407 words of 500

Postby ingwa » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Update: One possible source of this problem is that I answered some words wrong that I had already previously answered correct. In the animation I saw them disappear, which seems correct but then I never saw them again. Could it be that words that are remembered correctly 1 or more times but then incorrectly are not put back on the list correctly?
ingwa

Return to Questions about Vocabulary Trainer