Canterbury or Bournemouth?

Questions about English, recommended learning material and techniques

Moderator: LCNadmin

Canterbury or Bournemouth?

Postby darth_1977 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:56 am

Hello there! I'd like to visit the UK this coming summer, but I'm not sure about the destination. What do you suggest? I'm 32 years old. THX!!!
darth_1977

Re: Canterbury or Bournemouth?

Postby LCNadmin » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi darth_1977!
I have been to both cities and I can say that both -Canterbury as well as Bournemouth- are worth seeing. Canterbury is a historic city, famous for its cathedral and medieval architecture. Moreover, it is only about 1 hour by train from London. Bournemouth on the other hand is famous for its long, sandy beaches and parks. Whatever you prefer, you will definitely go to a very very beautiful city!
LCNadmin
Site Admin

Postby maguebla » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Hallo!
I have been to both cities too. Bournemouth in summer is crowded. A lot of English people go there in summer to spend their holidays. The beach is nice. It is not difficult to go to London but Canterbury is closer. Canterbury has no beach, but you are not going to miss it with their wonderful weather!! Canterbury is one of the most beautiful cities in UK and is well connected to really beautiful towns in England. I think Canterbury is a great place to go to for a course.
Mine was in Exeter, also a great choice but further away.
Maguebla
maguebla

Postby darth_1977 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback!! :D I think I'm gonna visit Bournemouth since the flight are cheaper from my hometown.

Cheers!!
darth_1977

Postby david78888 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:47 am

it is really nice post i like this info i appreciate this post keep it up......... :D :D :D
David
david78888

Return to Learning English