Which Asian Language?

Discuss here anything which is not so specific that it falls in any of the other categories

Moderator: LCNadmin

Which Asian Language?

Postby Sky » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 am

Which Asian language would be better to learn for business purposes? China used to be the bigger economy but probably in the future the economy of India will be bigger. And if it is more useful to learn one of the Indian languages, which language should I choose? Or should I go for another Asian language?
Sky

Re: Which Asian Language?

Postby LCNadmin » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:11 pm

It is difficult to say which Asian language you should learn for business purposes. Any Asian language will be a huge plus in your CV. But I would suggest to you that you either learn Chinese (Mandarin) or Hindi, because those are the Asian languages that are spoken by most people. On the one hand you should learn Chinese because it is the most spoken language in the world (even before English!), but on the other hand you should learn Hindi because, as you already said, their economy is booming. In the end it really depends on your aims and where you want to live or work and which language is better for that purpose.
LCNadmin
Site Admin

Return to Learning languages – General Discussion