Helpful Resources for ESL Teachers and Students
Learning English as a second language can be an overwhelming and time consuming endeavor but isn’t impossible. Using outside resources to better help the learning process is often necessary. Please refer to the compilation of resources for further help on learning and using English as a second language for students and teachers.
Compare English courses at language schools in Usa (Austin, Beverly Hills, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, Jersey City, Las Vegas, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Princeton, San Diego, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, Santa Monica and Washington DC), Australia (Brisbane, Byron Bay, Cairns, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Noosa, Perth, Sunshine Coast and Sydney), Canada (Burlington, Calgary, Kelowna, Lunenburg, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria and Whistler), Ireland (Cork, Dublin, Galway and Limerick), Scotland (Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow) and New Zealand (Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton and Queenstown).Thousands of Student Reviews of the leading language schools.
Resources for students:
- ESL Quizzes – Self-help quizzes for ESL students.
- English Everyday – A large website full of information on pronunciation, grammar, plus much more including quizzes and games.
- Time Practice Test – Sharpen your testing skills by taking these timed practice tests.
- The OWL at Purdue – For ESL teachers and students providing infinite resources for students and teachers alike.
- ESL Resource Center – ESL teaching ideas and resources for students and teachers.
- ESL Lesson Plans – A great assortment of resources for teachers looking for unique lesson plan ideas.
- The ESL Network – Providing different organizations and companies committed to teaching and providing services for ESL students and teachers.
- Learning English Online – Providing lessons with audio recording to understand pronunciation.
- English Forum – Speak with others about learning English in forums of your first language.
- World English – World English provides numerous resources beyond lesson but incorporating the lessons into everyday life tasks.
- Advanced Level Resources – Quizzes, tests, and lessons for those that are at intermediate levels of learning English.
- E.L. Easton Resources – Review this list of resources with a vast array of languages to choose from.
Resources for teachers:
- Using English – Handouts and printouts of ESL related material.
- ESL Gold – Free ESL information for teachers and students in a large array of languages.
- ESL Teachers Board – This board offers information not only on learning and teaching English but job opportunities, travel information plus much more.
- Boggles World of ESL – Worksheets, printable certificates of completion, lessons and more.
- ESL Monkeys – This site provides information on jobs worldwide as well as schools that provide ESL programs.
- Oxford Seminars – Lesson activities, lesson plans, classroom and teacher resources, as well as theory and research.
- ESL Flow – Surveys, lessons, and infinite resources for more information on English as a second language.
- Teaching Children ESL – Teaching children ESL can be challenging but using the resources, worksheets and lesson plans provided will guide those interested.
- ESLPDF – Learning grammar is just as important in learning any language and ESLPDF provides grammar lessons for any level.
- ESL Printables – Search the database for a specific targeted lesson plan, flashcards, or worksheets and receive exactly what you were looking for.