What we like about the school
- Excellent rating of host family accommodation
- Excellent rating of student apartments
- Excellent student nationality mix
The language school Kudan Institute of Japanese Language & Culture Co. was founded in Tokyo, Japan in 1988. The school is located in the heart of Tokyo. A fifteen-minute train ride will take you to Akihabara, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku or Ikebukuro. Universities and vocational schools surround the location of Kudan. It is the best academic atmosphere and environment to study. Also, there are over 160 old/second-hand bookstores and many specialty stores for sports and musical instruments in the area.
The school address is: TeitoMisaki Building 1F, 2-7-10, 101-0061 - Tokyo (Japan).
Accreditations and Quality seals
Microwave for student use
Fridge for student use
Drink vending machine
Free water dispenser
TV in most classrooms
Air conditioning in all classrooms
Heating in all classrooms
Ample natural light in most classrooms
Number of classrooms:11
Number of public workstations:3
- Internet access and use of school computers
- Wireless LAN zone at school
- Free certificate of course attendance
- Language level placement test at first day of classes
- Language level placement test before arrival
- Free consultation about suitable college/university programs by qualified consultant
- Free assistance in applying to college/university programs by qualified consultant
- Free assistance in finding flats for long-term students
Average number of students
- Adult courses in summer: 460
- Adult courses throughout the year: 300
Average age of students
- in summer: 20 years
- throughout the year: 25 years
Average number of levels
- Adult courses in summer: 9
- Adult courses throughout the year: 9
Minimum age of students
- 16 years
Japanese teacher qualifications
- 100 % hold a university degree
- 100 % hold a recognised language teaching qualification
Languages spoken by school staff (cannot be guaranteed by school):
Best arrival airport is Narita International Airport (NRT). It takes 90 minutes by train to school.
Language school closedIn 2017 (including national and regional bank holidays): 01.Jan.2017, 02.Jan.2017, 03.Jan.2017, 09.Jan.2017, 11.Feb.2017, 20.Mar.2017, 29.Apr.2017, 03.May.2017, 04.May.2017, 05.May.2017, 17.Jul.2017, 11.Aug.2017, 18.Sep.2017, 23.Sep.2017, 09.Oct.2017, 03.Nov.2017, 23.Nov.2017, 23.Dec.2017, 31.Dec.2017
There is a 4000 YEN Bank transfer Charge applied to all payments to the school.
Students must pay an "Other Fee" of 10000 YEN per term. This fee includes the cost of your textbook, materials and a maintenance fee.
- Additional accommodation available.
For dormitory/apartment accommodation, we can arrange arrival on weekdays.
Please be sure to arrive at the airport before 18:00 in order for us to arrange your arrival at your accommodation the same day. Apartment accommodation: Please be sure to arrive at the airport before 16:00 in order for us to arrange your arrival at your accommodation the same day.
- Max. 1 student of each nationality possible? yes
- Single room: always